Seed Cycle Blend works by regulating two main hormonal phases of the menstrual cycle. The Follicular Phase and The Luteal Phase. When these phases are balanced you are less likely to experience symptoms and even eliminate them all together.
Diagram of an average non-oral contraceptive menstrual cycle with balanced hormones.
Blend 1 - The Follicular Phase (Cycle Day 1)
This is the beginning of a full menstrual cycle. It is signified by the first day of your period and ends at ovulation.
- Estrogen is the dominant hormone.
- The ovaries have just got the message that there was no fertilized egg and need to get started on maturing a new one.
- Brain hormones stimulate the ovaries to produce 5-20 follicles. Each one houses an immature egg.
- Normally only one follicle's egg will mature, the rest will die.
- That egg continues to mature until ovulation.
Ovulation (Cycle Day 14*)
This is approximately half way through your cycle. It is signified by a spike in temperature, egg-white mucus and sometimes a short discomfort in your side.
- Within a 24-hour window a mature egg bursts from it's follicle
- The egg is released from the ovary and into the fallopian tubes
* Not all people ovulate on day 14 - this number is based on an average 28 day menstrual cycle.
Blend 2 - The Luteal Phase (Cycle Day 15*)
The luteal phase starts directly after ovulation. There is no significant change to identify you are in this phase other than if you have ovulated.
- Progesterone is the dominant hormone.
- After ovulation, the wall of the ovarian follicle collapses and becomes folded due to the sudden release of pressure in it.
- The ruptured follicle or sac from ovulation is called the Corpus Luteum. It pumps out hormones (predominantly progesterone) needed to maintain a growing fetus.
- If there is no fertilisation the corpus luteum will persist for 9-14 days, until it deteriorates into scar tissue known as Corpus Albicans.
* Day 15 is an approximate number based on an average 28 day cycle. Everyone is different.
The key ingredients in each pack target the dominant hormones of each phase to help them do their job. FOL blend targets estrogen regulation in your Follicular Phase whilst LUT blend targets progesterone regulation in your Luteal Phase. Together they bring your cycle back into a healthy rhythm and in the process give you back more productive and pain-free days. The nutrients in these botanicals combine pre-cursor phytoestrogens, Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
FOL Blend: Certified Organic Linum usitatissimum and Certified Organic Cucurbita maxima
LUT Blend: Certified Organic Helianthus annuus and Certified Organic Sesamum indicum
What are hormones?
During a menstrual cycle, hormones (chemical messengers in the body that tell other parts of the body to do stuff) fluctuate. Healthy fluctuations mean we experience more comfortable cycles. Imbalanced hormone fluctuations can look like period pain, tender breasts, PMS, irregular periods or acne for example.
How do hormones go out of balance?
Stress (emotional, nutritional, physical)
Our lifestyles impact our hormones. Hormones are triggered by stimulation to the body. This includes what we consume, our mental and emotional reactions, our physical activity and how much rest we have. Prolonged stimulation puts hormones in overdrive and can cause an imbalance.
(Example of some modern day stresses below)
Is Seed Cycle Blend right for you?
Note: Other aspects of your lifestyle have an impact on your cycle. How you exercise, the food you eat, the relationships you have and the rest you get - will all contribute to a healthier and pain-free cycle.
You can request our further scientific finding by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org